Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for a husband who understands the heart of a woman - more specifically, this woman. He gladly drops everything to grab lunch and bring it home to share with me. He understands that a momma at home with kiddos all day needs that grown up interaction. Honestly, something in the air changes when he walks into this house, it's like the pressure disperses and the tedious things I must do suddenly seem easier. I may not even ask for his help with any particular task but just knowing that he's here and available lightens the mental load. Then there are the times that he is protective of me. He's quick to come to my rescue whether he's defending my honor or protecting me from physical harm. Women may argue that they don't need or want a man's protection - that they are able to take care of themselves. To those ladies I say...that's fine by me but you'll never change my mind. My hubby is an umbrella over me and by golly, I like it that way! My hubby still insists on pumping gas into my vehicle. Yes, I am a competent woman who is more than capable...so what?! He doesn't like the idea of his wife having to deal with the often less than cordial environment at a service station or having to dirty her hands or spilling gas on her shoes. After nearly 15 years he still spoils me in a million little ways. I'm thankful for my husband - God's gift of love, provision, and protection to me.
I know that just like me, the rest of you ladies have so many things that you are thankful for. Choose a few things to share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment